Publisher and developer Square Enix [4,984 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/square-enix”>Square Enix and Developer Acquire [274 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/gungho-online-entertainment/acquire”>Acquire announced Octopath Traveler II [1 article]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/octopath-traveler-ii”>Octopath Traveler II for PS5 [3,413 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps5″>PlayStation 5, PS4 [23,899 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps4″>PlayStation 4, Switch and PC [15,939 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/pc”>PC (Steam). It will be launched on February 24, 2023 worldwide.
Here’s a preview of the game, via its Steam page:
The story takes place in Solistia, a land comprising an eastern and western continent divided by the sea.
It was a hectic time, when large ships navigated busy sea routes and the power of steam gave birth to new technologies.
Some people are thrilled by the glamorous stars of stage and industry, while others are brought to tears by war, pestilence and poverty.
In this distant kingdom, eight travelers from different regions venture for their own reasons. Put yourself in their shoes and explore the land as you see fit, using their unique talents to help you along your journey.
Embark on an adventure [481 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/adventure”>adventure all to yourself.
- Begin your adventure as one of eight new travelers, each with their own unique backgrounds, motivations, and skills.
- HD-2D series [18 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/series/hd-2d”>HD-2D graphics, a fusion of retro pixel art and 3D CG, have reached even greater heights.
- The story takes place in Solistia, where various cultures thrive from east to west and new age industries flourish. You can navigate the seas and explore every corner of a world that changes from day to night.
- Each traveler has a unique set of path actions they can use to fight townspeople, obtain items, take others on their journeys, and more. Where will you go? What will you do? Every path belongs to you.
- The familiar mechanics of the original game have been preserved, such as the freedom to develop your travelers’ tasks and skills, as well as the Break and Boost system that made battles so exhilarating. New mechanics have also been added.
And here are some more details:
In Octopath Traveler II, players will embark on an exciting journey through the all-new world of Solistia. Developed by the same team behind the beloved original, which has sold over three million copies worldwide, this installment enhances the series’ signature HD-2D visuals: a striking mix of retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world. The game’s new storyline, characters, and features make it the perfect entry for newcomers to the series, while preserving the charm of the original game for veteran players. Players can expect to follow the journey of eight distinct protagonists as they explore the land and conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles in an adventure all their own.
New and returning gameplay features and elements include:
- Break & Boost battle system – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “break” them to deal more damage, and “boost” their travelers to improve their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs around the world in different ways using Action [646 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/action”>actions unique to each character. Path actions vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- A whole new story and new characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and discover the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (warrior), Agnea (dancer), Partitio (merchant), Osvald (scholar), Throné (thief) , Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter) and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/night cycle – The cityscapes and path actions available to each character will change depending on whether it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- latent power – A new combat element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossroads – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as they travel, further intertwining their narratives.
Octopath Traveler II will be available for pre-order within the next 24 hours in a standard digital edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. Standard Digital Edition pre-orders for Switch [12,196 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/nintendo/switch”>Nintendo Switch will debut at a later date A standard physical edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch is available for pre-order A set of Physical Collector’s Edition is also available for pre-order now for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch exclusively through the Square Enix store.
The Collector’s Edition physical set includes the following:
- Octopath Traveler II Standard Edition Game
- Octopath Traveler II Travelers Bust Set: bust figures of the eight protagonists
- Octopath Traveler II Art album: 44-page art book
- Octopath Traveler II –Extended Battle Tracks–: mini soundtrack CD
By pre-ordering the Digital Standard Edition, players can receive the “Travel Provisions” DLC Pack, which contains the consumables below to help players along their journey:
- Healing Grape (M) x 5
- Inspirational Plum (M) x 5
- Revita [2 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/revita”>Revitalizing Jam x 2
- Gold Dust (can be sold for 5,000 sheets in game) x 1
Watch the trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.
#Octopath #Traveler #announced #PS5 #PS4 #Switch #Gematsu